- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More and then Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Site settings and then Cookies.
- Turn Allow sites to save and read cookie data on or off.
- Click on the More actions button in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Click View Advanced Settings. You’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Press the dropdown arrow under the Cookies field.
Select the right option for you:
- Block all cookies: doesn’t let any website save cookies to your computer.
- Block only third party cookies: allows cookies from the website you’re on, but blocks cookies from external web services, like from ads embedded on webpages you visit.
- Click the "Safari" menu
- Click the "Preferences" menu item
- Click the "Privacy" tab
- Choose your preferred Cookies and tracking settings
- Close the Preferences window
- Click the menu button and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Enhanced Tracking Protection section, select Custom and check mark Cookies
- Use the drop-down menu to choose the type of cookies to block. Warning! Some sites will not work properly with all cookies blocked.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
- Select “Settings” from the home screen.
- Scroll to “Safari” and tap on it.
- Find “Block Cookies” and select the option.
- From the four options presented, Always Block, Allow from Current Website Only, Allow from Websites I visit, and Always Allow, choose “Always Block”.
iOS Chrome, iOS Firefox:
It is no longer possible to block cookies in Chrome or Firefox for iOS, however you can delete them:
- Home screen -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Cookies -> Clear third party cookies
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More and then Settings.
- Tap Site settings and then Cookies.
- Turn Cookies on or off.
- Tap the menu button at the top right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section and tap Block cookies.
- Choose Yes to block all cookies or certain types of cookies only (Block 3rd-party cookies only or Block 3rd-party tracker cookies only). Firefox Focus will save your selection and close the menu prompt.